Automobile thermostat is a device designed for maintenance of constant temperature in a combustion engine. It blocks cooling fluid until an engine is warmed up and prevents it from reaching a radiator. When an engine reaches specific temperature a thermostat opens and the fluid flows inside.
A thermostat consists of a body (cylinder) made of brass and a valve (piston) which is inside of it and also made of this metal. Inside of a cylinder there is also a part made of artificial wax. It is this part that widens, moves and opens a valve when a car engine is being heated. As soon as the temperature goes down it squeezes and shuts down it. The use of artificial wax is specified by its increased dilatation coefficient.
A thermostat is one of the most significant parts in an engine liquid-cooling system. One of the most common causes of the thermostat break down is rusting due to the constant harmful effect of corrosive liquid on thermostat.
The range of Stellox thermostats for passenger cars and trucks is more than 120 items*:
- 111 items for passenger cars (31 items are available for order);
- 32 items for trucks (13 items are available for order).
The range of Stellox thermostats for passenger cars covers German, American, Korean, Japanese, Italian, French and other car models.
The range of thermostats for trucks covers German, Swedish, Italian, Dutch, French and American truck models.
*The range available for order as of 02.03.2016 is presented in Excel file.
The manufacturing facilities for Stellox thermostats for passenger cars and trucks are located in China. The main market channels of the thermostat factory are CIS countries (Russia, Belarus, etc.), Middle East, Europe, America and other.
Production stages of thermostats:
- Manufacturing of thermostats’ parts, production of bodies and painting of them. All the components for a thermostat are manufactured at one factory using high-quality materials.
- Filling with wax. Wax is melted by heating and filled into a cavity. After cooling and hardening a hole of a certain size is drilled out in wax.
- Assembling of components and exploitation. A spare part is heated till 90-100°C (under this temperature a thermostat valve is fully opened), during heating wax spreads and pushes out ejector pin out of the cavity. Then a spare part is placed on a machine by means of press-work in the place of the body location. The maximum height of an ejector pin connected with thermostat valve length variation range can be automatically adjusted till a certain level.
- Spare parts forging.
- Spare parts assembly and 100% examination. Thermostats have to pass through special equipment and heated till open state. Operator-supervisor checks them one by one and discards the thermostats that still closed.
- Finished products assembly and their testing.
At the factory thermostats are 100 % checked for valve opening under heating.
Also the temperature check under which a valve opens is conducted (temperature deviation at initial stage of main valve opening should not exceed ±2°C).
The temperature under which a valve fully opens and maximal distance of an opened valve is being fixed.
Also thermostats are checked for tightness under 0.15 MPa.
The quality of Stellox thermostats are proved by ISO 9001 certificate – Quality Management System Requirements.
We are sure in quality of Stellox thermostats. That is why we freely provide 1 year warranty and accept justified claims irrespective of availability of the official document from a service station where they were installed.